Schools play a pivotal role in the overall development of a child. It is important that a kid undergoes basic education that is essential before choosing a specific stream. However, the problem with school education is their one-size-fits-all approach. They teach every student at the same pace but the pace of learning of every child is different. This means that every child will be able to learn at his own pace. This cannot be accommodated by the education system at school. There is a fair possibility that your child might fail to grasp and understand the specific areas of the curriculum at the similar pace as others. That’s when it is a good idea to opt for home tuitions.
Advantages of home tuitions
- Easy adjustment: Research has shown that a child finds it hard to adjust and adapt in a new educational environment even if it is a new coaching class or new school. At home, the kid will not feel any difficulty in adjustment. When a teacher comes home, the kid will not be embarrassed to ask questions or share opinions with his tutor.
- Complete attention from tutors: In a private home tuition your kid will have the complete attention from the tutor. This gives the child flexibility as he doesn’t need to share his tutor with someone else. This will give the kid ample time, to not just complete the subject areas but also practice sample question paper for a better understanding of the subject.
- No competition: Peer pressure can often be damaging for the child’s mental growth. When a student studies with his tutor, he will not feel that his actions and answers are being scrutinized by other students. Moreover, a student will be able to express himself in a better manner and the tutor can spot the weak areas and try to eliminate them before the examinations. The tutor will also alter the curriculum in a manner that it gets more appropriate for your kid. When the kid has no negative sense of competition, he will not hold back his queries and feel free to make mistakes and learn better.
Qualities of a good home tutor
- Friendly: A good tutor will not only try to maintain a professional relationship with your child but will also take steps to get acquainted with him. It is easy to be frank with someone you share a friendly relationship with. Thus, your child has a better possibility of learning faster.
- Complete coverage of syllabus: Usually the schools do not clear the basics and focus on mugging of the subjects rather than obtaining a clear understanding of the same. When your kid has a home tutor, his prime focus will be on making the child understand the subject rather than cramming it. They sometimes even use online study material for better coverage of syllabus.
Thus, it is a fairly good idea to have private home tuitions for the better growth and learning of your child.